Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Day dinner at Por Por & Goong Goong's.


Eric, Por Por & Aunty Christine.

Hanging out with my Ah Yee by the pond. As you can see I am trying to fish with a stick!



My Goong Goong making Malaysian Satay on the BBQ. My Goong Goong makes his own satay peanut sauce to dip the satay in. The sauce was a bit to spicy for me so I just had a taste of the satay meat instead. I loved it!

My Mummy made Ondeh-Ondeh; a traditional Malaysian Nonya dessert. It is made from gluntinous rice flour, tapioca flour and pandan. Inside it has melted brown sugar (although Mummy didn't put enough sugar inside) and they are rolled in freshly grated coconut!

Having plum pudding with homemade custard that my Mummy & Yee Joong made.
My Yee Jong looks a bit funny in this photo!!

For dinner we had satay, salmon, Ah Cha (a traditional Malaysian pickled salad that my Ah Yee made), Morten Bay Bugs, Thai salad that my Por Por made and yellow sticky rice! We thought we should have a Malaysian meal to celebrate Christmas this year with a bit of an Aussie/English twist of course, beer, pudding & fruit salad. A bit like me!!

Merry Christmas to everyone who visits my blog, I hope you all have enjoyed my journey this year and I hope to see you back here in the new year!!
Lots of love, kisses & hugs from Morri.
oxox

No comments: